« Home | Dinners, dinners » | Tasty Fish » | Thanks for feedback etc. » | Preparing to leave » | Welcome to my new blog! »

Return to Below Freezing Point

I'm now on my way to Finland. Still in the moderate climate in Bangkok (though the airport is quite aggressively airconed), I'm slightly worried about the weather report, which indicates temperature 10 degrees below zero in Helsinki. I was under the impression it should be spring now, but maybe I've been away too long and have lost the idea about these things.

Otherwise, I haven't been able to much prepare for the return lately, as the usual backlog at work had to be finished, which practically took all my time past week. However, I did manage to make a hectic souvenir run yesterday at lunch break; I've had more than three years to by whatever Timorese artifacts I would have liked, but not surprisingly, I had left most of it to last moment. Of course I'll have a second chance when I go back to Dili for short visit in a month.