« Home | Return to Below Freezing Point » | Dinners, dinners » | Tasty Fish » | Thanks for feedback etc. » | Preparing to leave » | Welcome to my new blog! »

Shocking?

Now I've been in Helsinki for one whole day. The temperature here is not for humans. I woke up really early today (time difference?), at 6 o'clock, and the thermometre was showing -20°C outside. Here's a picture taken this morning from my bedroom window - note the white substance covering the ground.

Other than temperature shocks, I experienced one in Alepa grocery store: following the previous customer, I figured out that I am supposed to put the goods from the basket to the chain myself. Yet, I didn't realise that I should have purchased a plastic bag and stood stupid at the end of the chain waiting in vain that somebody would pack the things for me.