« Home | Arrivals » | Is this Spring or Autumn? » | Multi Release » | Sofa, Sushi and Sunshine » | Furniture & Time Challenges » | Shocking? » | Return to Below Freezing Point » | Dinners, dinners » | Tasty Fish » | Thanks for feedback etc. »

Bangkok & Bali

Counting the decreasing Dili days, there are 8 working days left, so I am now on my way to complete what remains to be done (and enjoy the weather). I have a bit awkward itinerary with overnight stops both in Bangkok and in Bali.

Yesterday, I spent a whole afternoon shopping, so that now my legs hurt. Actually, I didn't buy much anything, but there is a new shopping centre 'Siam Paragon' next to Siam Centre, and just wandering around there filled my exercise quota for the week. And there was some 'midnight shopping fever' (or whatever it was called), so I had plenty of time for pointless wandering and wondering. Funny, now that I think about it, a same kind of midnight shopping thing was going on last time I was in Bangkok more than two years ago; maybe that's on all the time.

This is probably my last night in Bali, at least in the near future. I must admit I used to think that this place is over-advertised, and never thought much of it as a holiday destination, just an unavoidable stopover (and I have indeed stopped here overnight at least 15 times during past three and a half years). But now, I think I'm really beginning to like this place. The weather is simply marvelously pleasant, atmosphere very friendly, and the hotel so unbelievably comfortable... Well, I think this is some kind of grass-is-greener-on-the-other side syndrome.